Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

My MacBaby is all better!

Yea! I was starting to experience extreme withdrawal symptoms without my MacBook Pro. Now, I have it back and I am so relieved.
Well, I have so many images that I have not loaded but perhaps I will start with a few of my favorite Halloween pics.



Perhaps you have noticed my Halloween banner in the background -- it was so fun to make. Here is another pic of it without the distraction of Batman and a Transformer.




I love using my family room mantle as a place to display my scrapbooking-home decor projects. And since Halloween has passed I took down the banner last night and replaced it with a Thanksgiving sign.


This was really easy to make. I found an old board in the garage and my creative wheels started to turn. I covered the board in gesso, then painted it with my Making Memories black paint. I also lightly brushed on some brown, gold and cream paint. I sanded a lot between each layer of paint. Once completely dry, I used my Heidi Swapp "New Orleans" foam stamps. I ended up with a little extra space on the end so I created an embellishment for the right corner. Lastly, I placed buttons all along the bottom because I wanted a splash of color. Easy as 1-2-3!
So the lesson is....look around your home for stuff that you can repurpose or reuse for a scrapbooking or home decor project. If you are anything like most scrapbookers that I know you have a massive stash of goodies just waiting to be used. So break them out and put your creative juices to work.

Hugs,
W-

No comments: