Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rock your VELLUM

Take a look at a page I created recently for a contest. I used multiple strips of pattern paper and clustered embellishments around the photograph. I also ROCKED the vellum on this page. Give it a try.

I know vellum – the very word “vellum” -- can put fear into a scrapbookers heart. But fear not ladies, I will tell you about a very quick and simple way that you can incorporate vellum into your layouts. First, select a plain sheet of vellum. I purchased an inexpensive package from staples and have had it for forever. You will also need embossing powder (I like white), embossing ink, a stamp, and a heat embossing gun. Second, select a stamp that you like and using the embossing ink, apply the image to your vellum. Quickly apply the embossing powder to the moist stamped image. Shake off the excess powder and then use the heat gun to seal the powder. Be sure not to overheat the vellum, as it will easily scorch. Slowly and patiently heat the powder. At this point you are almost done. You can cut out the embossed image (as I have done here) and adhere it to paper or directly to your page. So, there you have it another simple trick up your sleeve.


You have seen this page before -- but it is another example of stamping with embossing powder on vellum.


Cheers,
W-

No comments: